Collected by Jessica Lymberopoulos, AFAR Local Expert
Sha Mian Nan Jie, Liwan Qu, Guangzhou Shi, Guangdong Sheng, China, 510000
Shamian Island was a former port where Europeans used to live during the Qing dynasty. The island is filled with colonial mansions and old buildings with tree lined avenues and a park that offers respite from the crazy busy streets of Guangzhou....
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Travel NewsMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania