Collected by Julio Lopez-Atienzo
37800 Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato, Mexico
This has to be the most colorful thing I've ever seen in a cemetery. In the town of Dolores Hidalgo in central Mexico, singer José Alfredo Jiménez (1926-1973), "El Rey," is memorialized by this sombrero-and-serape tomb. The names of some of his...
Positos 47, Zona Centro, 36000 Guanajuato, Gto., Mexico
I went on a day trip to this old mining town called Guanajuato last summer. It's only a couple hours drive from San Miguel and perfect for a day trip. It's a small town but I did enjoy the visit to Casa Diego Rivera and the unique architecture. We...
Campanero 4 Puente, Del Campanero, Zona Centro, 36000 Guanajuato, Gto., Mexico
Near the old entrance to the city, I discovered my favorite cafe in Guanajuato. Santo Cafe is perched on a bridge that mirrors those that top the underground roads. The restaurant has a huge menu of breakfasts (eggs every style including...
Jdn. de la Unión 3, Zona Centro, 36000 Guanajuato, Gto., Mexico
Casa Valadez Anfitrión Gourmet may be one of the finest restaurants in historic Guanajuato. Located in the Jardín Unión just in front of the beautiful Teatro Juárez, you can savour the traditional dishes that make Mexico a UNESCO World Heritage...
Allende 7, Zona Centro, 36000 Guanajuato, Gto., Mexico
We stumbled upon Casa Cuatro wandering the streets of Guanajuato. Pushing open the door we found beautiful art, jewelry, ceramic work and a couple of cool + trendy restaurants including Casa Mídi. Make your way up to the terrace for a sweeping...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys