Collected by Rebecca Holland
Calle Central, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
If you’re craving nightlife and a beach town feel, Tamarindo is the place to be. By far the most developed town in Guanacaste, you’ll be within walking distance of tons of shops, restaurants, and bars. The vibe is laid back and water sports are...
Playa Avellana, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
Surfers and those craving a more remote beach will love Playa Avellana. Locals call it “Little Hawaii” for it’s white sand and waves that regularly reach up to eighteen feet. It’s a short drive from Tamarindo so it’s perfect for a day trip. Relax...
Brasilito Beach, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
Sprawling Brasilito Beach is nestled in a quiet town that is considerably less developed than its neighbors, and that’s the charm. For a low-key destination with a more local feel, stay in Brasilito and spend your days lounging on the beach or...
Playa Conchal G Cabo Velas, 50308, Costa Rica
Playa Conchal is my absolute favorite beach in Guanacaste. The sand is made up of tiny crushed shells and the blue-green waters are so clear you can see tropical fish swimming below. I love Playa Conchal because it’s the best of both worlds – a...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign