Collected by AFAR Explorer
Calle Paseo del Zoológico 600, Huentitán El Alto, 44390 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Guadalajara's zoo, inaugurated in 1988 by Mexico's president, is home to nearly 400 animals species, including 99 mammals, 87 birds, 67 reptiles, eight amphibians, and 131 fish. As is the case at most zoos, the species are organized by climate...
Calle Cabañas 8, Las Fresas, San Juan de Dios, 44360 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
This 19th-century complex, originally built as a hospital for the disadvantaged, is host to an impressive display of modern art, most notably a series of frescoes by famous Mexican muralist Jose Clemente Orozco. The collection includes one of his...
Av. Circunvalación Agustín Yáñez 11, Moderna, 44190 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
The lavishly appointed Jose Cuervo Express ambles through the rolling agave fields of Jalisco, Mexico. You sling back another shot of tequila and follow it with a Mexican postre (dessert). Stars twinkle in the blue-black sky, but you hardly notice...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles