Collected by AFAR Explorer
Calle Paseo del Zoológico 600, Huentitán El Alto, 44390 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Guadalajara's zoo, inaugurated in 1988 by Mexico's president, is home to nearly 400 animals species, including 99 mammals, 87 birds, 67 reptiles, eight amphibians, and 131 fish. As is the case at most zoos, the species are organized by climate...
Calle Cabañas 8, Las Fresas, San Juan de Dios, 44360 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
This 19th-century complex, originally built as a hospital for the disadvantaged, is host to an impressive display of modern art, most notably a series of frescoes by famous Mexican muralist Jose Clemente Orozco. The collection includes one of his...
Av. Circunvalación Agustín Yáñez 11, Moderna, 44190 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
The lavishly appointed Jose Cuervo Express ambles through the rolling agave fields of Jalisco, Mexico. You sling back another shot of tequila and follow it with a Mexican postre (dessert). Stars twinkle in the blue-black sky, but you hardly notice...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked