Collected by Nikki Bayley, AFAR Local Expert
Calle Federico Medrano 67, San Juan de Dios II, 44360 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Av. de la Paz 494, Mexicaltzingo, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
When people are queuing for tacos as good as these, you’d better join the line! Serving crisp Baja-style fish tacos with crunchy batter and soft tacos, this little cart has won the hearts of the locals and become one of the most popular dining...
Paseo Andares, 45116 Zapopan, Jal., Mexico
No matter what the weather you can shop at this exclusive mall in the Zapopan district, as there are shops indoors and outdoors. If you love labels you’ll be spoiled for choice, and you may get to pick up a few bargains as well as items you won’t...
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Every year for the whole month of October, the city of Guadalajara celebrates its fiesta month with live music, dancing, seemingly non-stop fireworks, and all other kinds of cultural events. Performers are invited from around the world and it’s an...
Av. Fray Antonio Alcalde 10, Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Every year at dawn on October 12, you can join around three million people in a procession led by tribal dancers and priests to accompany the wooden statue of the Virgin of Zapopan on the nearly five-mile journey from the Guadalajara Cathedral to...
Av. Tonaltecas 16, Tonalá Centro, 45400 Tonalá, Jal., Mexico
Home to Mexico’s largest concentration of artisans, Tonalá—just 10 minutes from Tlaquepaque—is known for its pottery, hand-blown glassware, textiles, miniatures, and more. On Thursdays and Sundays, the town hosts an...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna