Collected by Gretchen Johnson
Gretchen Johnson′s Wishlist
Brandschenkestrasse 152, 8002 Zürich, Switzerland
A literary vibe pulses through this über-hip property situated in what were once the main buildings of Switzerland’s largest brewery. Some 33,000 books fill the soaring 36-foot-tall walls of the Library Lounge, stacks of hardcovers take the place...
Orellistrasse 21, 8044 Zürich, Switzerland
What this 66-room property lacks in proximity to the Old Town (it’s a 25-minute tram ride to Bahnhofstrasse), it more than makes up for with its prime hillside perch on the Zürichberg overlooking the city below, and just beyond, Lake Zürich and...
Talstrasse 1, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
This esteemed, five-star hotel, set in its own park overlooking Lake Zurich and the Alps, has a remarkable history. Opened in 1844 by Johannes Baur, the property hosted the world premiere of Wagner’s Die Walküre (Wagner himself...
Pfingstweidstrasse 102, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The 25hours brand is known for its playful take on the hotel experience, and this Zurich establishment follows suit. With an interior concocted by local designer Alfredo Häberli, the space features the usual mix of colorful, offbeat...
Napfgasse 4, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Über restaurateur Michel Péclard made waves in Zurich when he revamped Café Conditorei Schober, the historic 19th confectionary and coffee shop in the Altstadt. The result is a fairy-tale setting for terrific truffles, gorgeous cakes, and one of...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now