Collected by Gretchen Johnson
Gretchen Johnson′s Wishlist
Brandschenkestrasse 152, 8002 Zürich, Switzerland
A literary vibe pulses through this über-hip property situated in what were once the main buildings of Switzerland’s largest brewery. Some 33,000 books fill the soaring 36-foot-tall walls of the Library Lounge, stacks of hardcovers take the place...
Orellistrasse 21, 8044 Zürich, Switzerland
What this 66-room property lacks in proximity to the Old Town (it’s a 25-minute tram ride to Bahnhofstrasse), it more than makes up for with its prime hillside perch on the Zürichberg overlooking the city below, and just beyond, Lake Zürich and...
Talstrasse 1, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
This grande dame of Bahnhofstrasse hotels has sat graciously at the mouth of Lake Zürich since 1844, welcoming through its white-columned portico the ultra well-heeled to bonafide royalty, including Kaiser Wilhelm II, and in more recent...
Pfingstweidstrasse 102, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The opening of a branch of the hypercool 25hours hotel mini-chain is a breath of fresh air in this clean yet stoic financial hub. Designed by native son Alfredo Häberli, the hotel location might seem a tad off, but trust me—Zurich West...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign