"Green Season" Serengeti
Collected by Darrell Hartman, AFAR Contributor
The 15 tented suites at Sayari Camp are nicely spread out; if you’re staying in one of the outlying ones, as I did, it can be a ten-minute stroll to breakfast. All the more room to enjoy the fixings: rain shower, deep tub, extravagant private...
Ol Doinyo Lengai, Tanzania
Maasai for “Mountain of God,” Ol Doinyo Lengai is a notable feature of the Rift Valley, which runs all the way from Jordan to southern Africa. This 9,777-foot active volcano is also the mightiest sight of the hour-plus air transfer from Arusha...
- 1Travel NewsTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3PhotographySweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer