"Green Season" Serengeti
Collected by Darrell Hartman, AFAR Contributor
The 15 tented suites at Sayari Camp are nicely spread out; if you’re staying in one of the outlying ones, as I did, it can be a ten-minute stroll to breakfast. All the more room to enjoy the fixings: rain shower, deep tub, extravagant private...
Ol Doinyo Lengai, Tanzania
Maasai for “Mountain of God,” Ol Doinyo Lengai is a notable feature of the Rift Valley, which runs all the way from Jordan to southern Africa. This 9,777-foot active volcano is also the mightiest sight of the hour-plus air transfer from Arusha...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now