Collected by Lynda Mitgutsch
Mitilini 811 00, Greece
Lesvos isn't typically on a traveler's list, but the large island is worth visiting for its traditional lifestyle and year-round busy towns. Mytilini is the capital, and is largely driven by its busy student population. The restaurants and cafes...
Paxos, Paxi 490 82, Greece
If you're looking to move away from the popular Cycladic islands, head to the Ionian Sea. Besides the busy hub of Corfu, there's also Paxos, a small island surrounded by turquoise sea, beautiful caves, and idyllic villages. Rumour has it that...
Pilos 240 01, Greece
Located above the southwest end of Voidokilia Beach, a climb to Nestor's Cave awards views of Navarino Bay, the Divari Lagoon of Gialova, and the olive tree-lined Peloponnesian Hills. The cave itself holds a mythical history, believed to belong to...
XENIA Hotel and Restaurant- Harbour at Chora Sfakion, Chora Sfakion 730 11, Greece
The best way to explore the south coast of Crete is by kayak. One of my favorite tavernas on the coast is the Mermaid Taverna, located at Sweetwater Beach. Accessible only by boat (or long hike), Sweetwater is named for its bubbling springs of...
Hydra, Idra 180 40, Greece
I had planned on spending four of my five days in Greece exploring a couple of the Greek islands. I knew the Cyclades were a must based on everyone's tales of Santorini and Mykonos, but we wanted to delve into another island chain as well. After a...
Melidoni, Μελιδόνι, Rethimno 740 52, Greece
The Melidoni cave is on the Old Heraklion Road between Rethymno and Heraklion. This cave was used for religious ceremonies during the Minoan times. It also played an important role during the period of the Ottoman occupation. Villagers fled to the...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico