Collected by A. E Brown
Agiofaraggo Beach, Greece
Agiofaraggo is southern of Heraklion, near Matala. This is an amazing gorge which leads to a magical, pebble beach! The beach is accessible only through the canyon by boat or from the place near called "Kaloi Limenes", that's why has retained its...
Oia 847 02, Greece
Thirty years ago, Lawrence Durrell wrote of Santorini in his book "The Greek Islands", “It is hardly a matter of surprise that few, if any, good descriptions of Santorini have been written: the reality is so astonishing that prose and poetry,...
To the southwest coast of Crete lies one of the most magical beaches. "Elafonisi" is one of the exotic beaches of Crete, located about 8 km from Chania, is characterized by dunes of white sand, crystal clear shallow waters, the tranquility and the...
Plaka, Athens 105 58, Greece
We picked up some gyros to-go during our stroll through the historic Plaka neighborhood below the Acropolis. Thespidos street was particularly memorable for the cafe we stopped at and discovering Brettos bar, which we decided to come back to enjoy...
Ormos Vatopediou , Mt. Athos, Mount Athos 603 86, Greece
Sipping ouzo, I ask Gerhard what brings him back to Mount Athos year after year? The question seems to catch him off guard. “Some places are special,” he says. “Some places you feel more at home than…at home.” He chuckles, surprised at his...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 2Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 3Where to Go in FallEurope’s Most Overlooked Region Is Ready for Its Close-Up
- 4Food + DrinkTokyo’s Long Lines Lead to Magic (and Life-Changing Ramen)
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World