Great Singapore Walks
Collected by Arwen Joyce, AFAR Local Expert
Much of Singapore is walkable, both by day and night. From streets and waterfronts to parks and gardens, there's a whole island to explore. Don’t let Singapore's year round heat and humidity put you off – come prepared with sunscreen, a hat and some comfortable walking shoes and you'll be fine. If you want to blend in with the locals, use an umbrella to keep the sun off your face.
1 Harbourfront Walk, Singapore 098585
There are many ways to get to Sentosa, Singapore's playground island to the south. You can take a cable car, a monorail, a taxi or, if you fancy a stroll, walk 10 minutes across the bridge from outside Vivocity Mall at HarbourFront MRT. In the...
MacRitchie Reservoir, Singapore
The MacRitchie Reservoir is one of four reservoirs in the heart of Singapore at the Central Catchment Nature Reserve, where the surrounding forests are protected as national parks to ensure the quality of the water. Though unfortunately not...
18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953
With its domed greenhouses of epic proportions dotted across some 100 hectares (250 acres), the sustainable Gardens by the Bay are educational and fun. The Cloud Forest is a misty, 42-meter-high (138-foot-high) “mountain” that...
1 Cluny Rd, Singapore 259569
Singapore is known for its orchids, and the National Orchid Garden is one of the best places to see them. Singapore's National Orchid Garden is home to the world's largest collection of tropical orchids—more than 1,000 species, including one named...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now