Great British Pubs
Collected by Rachael Rowe , AFAR Local Expert
The Pub is part of the British way of life. Many are historic and have real character to them. Try the beer, ask the locals what they recommend and enjoy the atmosphere.
Finwood Rd, Rowington, Warwick CV35 7DH, UK
Tom O The Wood is a beautiful old pub beside the Grand Union Canal in Rowington, Warwickshire. With locally brewed beers on tap and a warm welcome from owners Charlie and Chris this pub is one of Warwickshire's best kept secrets and the ideal...
Worth Matravers, Swanage BH19 3LF, UK
Located in the picturesque village of Worth Matravers in Dorset the Square and Compass Inn is a beautiful old pub which has been an alehouse since 1776 and has historic connections with smuggling. This is the perfect place to stop after a bracing...
Shaftesbury Rd, Mere, Warminster BA12 6BH, UK
Mere is a beautiful village in Wiltshire, surrounded by hills and country lanes, and is ideal for walking. The Walnut Tree is a delightful country pub on the outskirts of the village and just a few minutes from the busy A303. It is a quiet rural...
41 The Common, Langley Burrell, Chippenham SN15 4LQ, UK
The village of Langley Burrell is in the heart of farming country and is just outside Chippenham in Wiltshire, England. It is just the kind of place to stop for a drink and a meal after a country walk, and this area is renowned as being the...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Air Travel TSA PreCheck Members, Get Ready to Start Using Facial Recognition
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December