Collected by Bronwen Gregory , AFAR Local Expert
Albaicín, Granada, Spain
No trip to Granada is complete without wandering the narrow streets of the Albaicin neighborhood. The courtyards, baths, parks, churches and views of the Alhambra are a collective and colorful open air museum of patterns. This part of town feels...
Calle Dr. Oloriz, 25, 18012 Granada, Spain
I realize that bullfighting is a sport that people are passionate about loving or hating (for both equally obvious reasons) and I wanted to have the experience while I was in Andalucia, so that I could make my own decision about how I felt. I'd...
Plaza de la Trinidad, Granada, Spain
Granada is one of the few cities in Spain that you can expect to get a free tapa with your drink. When I lived in Seville I never thought twice about picking the most appetizing tapa and paying for the little delicious dish. However in Granada I...
Calle Gran Vía de Colón, 5, 18001 Granada, Spain
Cuesta de Sta. Inés, 6, 18010 Granada, Spain
You never know what you’ll discover while exploring the narrow alleyways of Granada, Spain’s Albaicin district. One afternoon, I stumbled upon this old Moorish fortress, which, if you can squeeze through the locked door, affords one of the best...
Calle Real de la Alhambra, s/n, 18009 Granada, Spain
A visit to Granada, Spain isn't complete without a stop at the Alhambra. The Moorish architecture, robust gardens, and stunning views of Granada combine to make a truly memorable experience. Start your day with a tour of the Generalife Gardens....
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum