Collected by Elizabeth Bryan
171 Elgin Ave, George Town, Cayman Islands
Whether it's the red snapper from yesterday’s big catch or the garden-grown sugarcane and lime that make up the mojito, the farm/fishing-boat-to-table movement is a force to be reckoned with in the Cayman Islands. Take a tour of the garden at the...
43 W Bay Rd, Cayman Islands
Order Caribbean rum at the oceanfront bar Ports of Call before sitting at your candlelit table overlooking the shoreline for dinner. During your meal, you may see the large tarpons slowly circling in the waters just below your table as they...
This romantic, modern seaside restaurant is the perfect place to watch the sun set, sip fine wine, and indulge in rich Italian cuisine. Luca has creative daily specials—like the coffee-encrusted rack of lamb—and a varied entrée menu providing for...
Tortuga Way, North Sound Road, George Town KY1-1106, Cayman Islands
Embrace your inner Caribbean pirate at a shop selling all things rum. The Tortuga Bakery, located in West Bay, specializes in spiced rum, rum cakes, specialty chocolates, coffee, and sauces. It offers complimentary samples of all the rum cake...
Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
This is by far the most popular beach in the Cayman Islands, and it's even a top beach destination for the Caribbean as a whole. Seven miles of powdered sugar sand are a big draw, as are turquoise waters that are home to coral reefs within...
688 W Bay Rd, George Town, Cayman Islands
This honky-tonk-inspired bar has a hometown feel and a country vibe, and has great local beers on tap—like Grand Cayman's classic premium lagers, the CayBrew and Caylight. Don’t miss out on the Thursday night Rock & Roll Bingo: It can get rowdy...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States