Collected by Jana Lee
Calle Real de la Alhambra, s/n, 18009 Granada, Spain
Well not exactly, but pretty darn close. Paradors are government-run hotels in Spain, many located within historic buildings like monasteries and castles. The Granada Parador is the old monastery of the Alhambra Palace and is located within the...
Calle Gran Vía de Colón, 5, 18001 Granada, Spain
Generalife, Granada, Spain
An old man sitting in the Plaza Larga told me I was spending my thirtieth birthday in the most beautiful city in Spain. I'd always felt a pull to the Alhambra, and after a rental in the south of France fell through, my partner and I decided that...
Paseo de la Sabica, 18009 Granada, Spain
While in Granada, Spain, I chose to stay at the Hotel Guadalupe, a lovely hotel just minutes from the main entrance to the Alhambra. This was the view from my balcony. The hotel is about a 20-minute walk to the main part of town, but the wooded...
Plaza de San Nicolás, 3, 18010 Granada, Spain
Walking around Granada isn't like walking around most major cities. In most cities you can't catch glimpses of massive snow-covered mountains or an ancient Moorish and Spanish fort (the Alhambra), part legendary summer palace, part stronghold. In...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos