Gozo's Top Five
Collected by David Nikel, AFAR Local Expert
Charity Street, Victoria VCT, Malta
This ornate church, known in Maltese as the Basilica San Ġorġ, stands atop the hill at the heart of Victoria, Gozo’s largest town. In the glittering golden interior, you’ll find a fully functional Baroque organ and an intriguing Byzantine-style...
Triq id-dwejra, San Lawrenz, Malta
The natural arch of limestone known as the Azure Window is the most iconic of Gozo’s many natural rock formations. It was formed thousands of years ago when two limestone caves collapsed into the sea. Although the formation itself is too dangerous...
Xlendi Bay, Malta
Gozo’s coast is dotted with picturesque bays and villages, and Xlendi is the prettiest of the bunch. Thanks to three natural caves located within the bay, Xlendi is a popular location for swimming and diving. Take in the peaceful atmosphere of the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security