Good To Know
Collected by Karla Sylvester
Mehringdamm 32, 10961 Berlin, Germany
It’s often a surprise for visitors to Berlin to discover that Turkish postwar immigrants created the popular döner kebab here. The city takes its kebabs seriously, and there are several hot spots whose reputation precedes them. One such...
Alexanderpl., 10178 Berlin, Germany
Our guide decided we couldn't be in Berlin more than a night without sampling the currywurst. This little fast-food joint in the train station might not be the finest of dining, but at 11:30PM it hit the spot. Though they were in the process of...
Aristotelous 9, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
Koulouria (ko-loo-ree) are savory donut-shaped rings of bread made with yeast and covered in sesame seeds. For most Greeks, this is breakfast with a cup of coffee. No eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, pancakes, or waffles. Just one or two of these and...
Via Santa Radegonda, 16, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
There is a reason the locals line up down the block at this place come lunchtime: the pomodoro panzerotti. It's a perfect little pocket filled with fresh, warm, gooey mozzarella and local tomatoes. I tried several other sweet and savory items...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun