The former gold-mining town of Puerto Jiménez lies just past the entrance to the Golfo Dulce. It's a sleepy spot where Ticos (Costa Ricans) fish off the end of the muelle público, or jetty. The view from your anchored ship will...
The surfing town of Pavones, at the entrance to the Golfo Dulce, is famous for long ocean swells that take surfers on crazy three-minute rides. A little farther into the gulf is Zancudo, known for its black-sand beach, stunning sunsets and a...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter