Collected by Annette Baesel , AFAR Local Expert
1825 4th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33704, USA
One hundred years ago, a plumber with an itch to garden bought 6 acres just north of downtown St Petersburg. He drained a small lake, constructed an elaborate system of clay tiles, and commenced planting a tropical paradise. After a few decades,...
1007 York St, Denver, CO 80206, USA
If you are ever in Denver, spend a relaxing day wandering through the Botanic Gardens. Every kind of landscape imaginable is just a few yards in any direction, from Kakaw trees with cocoa beans in an enclosed jungle, hot desert landscapes, to a...
Halifax, NS B3H, Canada
The Halifax Public Gardens are one of the best places in the city to go for a stroll, have a picnic, get an ice cream, feed some ducks, and (literally) stop and smell the roses. The gardens opened in 1867 and occupy 16 acres of land in the middle...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico