Collected by Glen Robers
Glen Robers′s Wishlist
Raiņa bulvāris 7, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
I found this fascinating. It's dark and a bit dreary, but appropriate, since it recounts the history of occupation in Latvia starting with the Soviets, then the Nazis and then back to the Russians.
Miera iela 10, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1001, Latvia
Miera Street - known as the Republic of Miera by the trendy arty sorts who frequent it - is a glorious bed of bohemianism in a bit of Riga most tourists won't easily find. But it's worth the hunt, not least for its relaxed and slightly eccentric...
Alberta iela, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1010, Latvia
Riga has a number of astounding Art Nouveau buildings, but no better concentration of them than on Albert Street. A short road where every building tries to outdo the last, it's the ultimate address for a pre-Raphaelite beauty (and the most...
Alberta iela 12, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1010, Latvia
Riga, Latvia has some of the finest examples of Art Nouveau architecture anywhere in the world. Most of the buildings are concentrated on Elizabete iela and Alberta iela and are the work of architect Mikhail Eisenstein. Before you leave for Riga,...
Miera iela 19, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1001, Latvia
OK, there may be better cafes. You may have alternative preferences. But I absolutely adored the Dad Cafe in Miera Street. I came across it at just the right moment - a long morning of walking had left me desperate for an even longer sit, and this...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked