Collected by Gigi Brownfield
Gigi Brownfield′s Wishlist
Riomaggiore SP, Italy
Hiking the Cinque Terre is an extraordinary way to explore the Ligurian Coast. Five villages connected only by hiking trail and rail with breathtaking coastal views and colorfully quaint villages. The trails can be challenging at times and it is...
Piazzale Napoleone I, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
Encompassing early 200 acres of rolling parkland, Villa Borghese is Rome's verdant heart and everyone's favorite place for an afternoon walk. The vast gardens are criss-crossed with picturesque paths, where visitors can meander past ancient...
Piazza San Marco, 1, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Via della Penna, 22, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
I tell all my friends to stay here. It’s a great location, right off Piazza del Popolo. The hotel is not part of a chain. It’s family owned, which is charming. 39/06-361-0841. By Pepi Marchetti Franchi, as told to Elizabeth Minchilli. This...
Via del Babuino, 81, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
This is one of my favorite boutiques in Rome. The owners handpick and curate designers from all over the world. I also go here for shoes designed by Ernesto Esposito. Made by Neapolitan craftsmen, they look like princess shoes but feel like...
Alzaia Naviglio Pavese, 286, 20142 Milano MI, Italy
The café Erba Brusca sits on a plot of land at the city’s edge, where concrete blocks meet grassy meadows. Italian staples such as buttery white polenta and roasted speziata sausage are made with herbs and greens grown on-site. Reserve a table on...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter