Collected by Virginie Corneau St-Hilaire
Hoogpoort 63, 9000 Gent, Belgium
This area along Graslei is one of the most popular areas of the city, just a few blocks from Gravensteen Castle and Vrijdagmarkt. This area of the canal is lined with beer cafes and restaurants overlooking the river, with boats gingerly cruising...
Kraanlei 37, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Ghent appears almost magical the first time you see its architecture. My partner and I were in a dreamlike trance as our eyes moved from one beautiful building to the next. And we had just experienced the beautiful canals of Amsterdam the previous...
Korianderstraat 2, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Belgium is known for a lot of things and fine beer is near the top of that list. Given how popular beer is I was surprised to learn that there’s only one operating brewery in Ghent itself, but what a brewery it is. The Gruut Brewery is relatively...
Groentenmarkt 7, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Housed in the old meat market is an innovative shop and cafe, the Het Groot Vleeshuis. Here visitors can sample a variety of Ghent and Flemish foods, learning about the region along the way. One of the highlights of the restaurant is the famous...
Nederkouter 109, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Sivan Askayo visited Flanders as a guest of Visit Flanders. A winning concept of a launderette combined with a cafe is now getting a twist and raising its functional appeal with the addition of a hairdresser. It’s all under one roof in a...
Jan Breydelstraat 5, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Sivan Askayo visited Flanders as a guest of Visit Flanders. The Design Museum of Ghent is located in a beautiful 18th-century house that belonged to a rich Flemish family. The original parquet floors and the decorated walls and ceiling are well...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States