Ghana/ ACCRA is must go 2017
Collected by Chris U , AFAR Staff
Cape Coast, Ghana
When I lived and worked in southern Ghana, the Anomabo Beach Resort was my oasis. It's tucked away on a lovely stretch of beach and it is accessible from the main Cape Coast road. The entrance to the resort is about 90 miles from Accra and less...
Christian Borg, Accra, Ghana
by Jocelyn C. Zuckerman Housed in a grand, three-story tower overlooking the sea, the Artists Alliance Gallery showcases traditional crafts, such as Ashanti drums and masks as well as contemporary Ghanaian art. Take note of the elaborately carved...
Liberia Rd Ext, Accra, Ghana
by Jocelyn C. Zuckerman Afia Beach Hotel’s 29 bungalows sit along the shore beneath arching palm trees. Snack on swordfish with fried plantains at the restaurant, and purchase handmade mudcloth and appliqué fabrics at the gift shop. Afia Beach...
After long work weeks in busy, dusty Accra, I always retreat to "Franco and Caye's place" or "the Italian place" as known around Kokrobite. Franco crossed West Africa on bike and settled in Kokrobite, and with his wife and two kids he's built this...
West Ridge, Accra, Ghana
by Jocelyn C. Zuckerman Proceeds from Global Mamas’ merchandise go back to the local women who makethe items. Choose from straw-and-bead figurines; batik dresses, pictured above; and tote bags fashioned from recycled candy wrappers. Global Mamas...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries