Collected by Eunice Webster
Cape Coast, Ghana
When I lived and worked in southern Ghana, the Anomabo Beach Resort was my oasis. It's tucked away on a lovely stretch of beach and it is accessible from the main Cape Coast road. The entrance to the resort is about 90 miles from Accra and less...
Christian Borg, Accra, Ghana
by Jocelyn C. Zuckerman Housed in a grand, three-story tower overlooking the sea, the Artists Alliance Gallery showcases traditional crafts, such as Ashanti drums and masks as well as contemporary Ghanaian art. Take note of the elaborately carved...
West Ridge, Accra, Ghana
by Jocelyn C. Zuckerman Proceeds from Global Mamas’ merchandise go back to the local women who makethe items. Choose from straw-and-bead figurines; batik dresses, pictured above; and tote bags fashioned from recycled candy wrappers. Global Mamas...
Liberia Rd Ext, Accra, Ghana
by Jocelyn C. Zuckerman Afia Beach Hotel’s 29 bungalows sit along the shore beneath arching palm trees. Snack on swordfish with fried plantains at the restaurant, and purchase handmade mudcloth and appliqué fabrics at the gift shop. Afia Beach...
After long work weeks in busy, dusty Accra, I always retreat to "Franco and Caye's place" or "the Italian place" as known around Kokrobite. Franco crossed West Africa on bike and settled in Kokrobite, and with his wife and two kids he's built this...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum