Collected by Kristen Langhoff Grannan
Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Motu Mahitu, French Polynesia
Full-body immersion in some of the most pristine water in the world. Rangiroa doesn't have the dramatic peaks of islands like Bora Bora, but it does have a much better underwater scene in my opinion. After traveling by boat for two hours from our...
RT 8, Morondava 619, Madagascar
Having driven from Morondava to this remote row of Baobabs 45 min out of town, I took this picture at sunset as the day came to an end. I thought why not come back tomorrow for sunrise so at 4 in the morning we arranged a driver to take us in the...
Tuamotus Islands, French Polynesia
The Tuamotu archipelago – 78 coral reef atolls spread north and east of Tahiti – are just remote enough they’ve not been spoiled by excessive tourism. There are a few high-end hotels, but just a few. Instead of tourism, the local economy is still...
Ravenna, Province of Ravenna, Italy
On a trip to Italy last year, my husband and I indulged in more than our fair share of gelato. But in the small town of Ravenna, we discovered an equally-delicious alternative: Italian custard. The best custard we came across was at Ravenna's...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is