Get your Art on
Qatar may not strike visitors as a hub of art and creativity, but it has taken great strides towards becoming recognized as a stage for avant garde art expressions. It has hosted installations by Richard Serra and Damien Hirst; has invited world-class jazz artists as well as pop musicians such as Gwen Stefani; it has brought highly trained musicians to its national philharmonic orchestra; hosts film festivals and book fairs. It is not New York, but there is talent, money, and big dreams.
- 1ArtArticleA Look at Ai Weiwei’s Takeover of New York City’s Public Spaces
- 2PeopleArticleCoolest Travel Jobs: What It’s Like to Be a Professional Ghost Hunter
- 3Travel TipsArticle9 Destinations Where You Can Make a Difference this Holiday Season
- 4ArtArticleThere’s a Museum in Vienna That’s Full of Fake Art
- 5Solo TravelArticleHow to Avoid the Dreaded Table for One on Your Next Solo Trip