Get to know Richmond
Collected by Kristy Artello
Canal Walk, Richmond, VA, USA
The Canal Walk follows the path of the James River, in downtown Richmond. Enjoy great views of both the river and the city, historical sites, and giant art murals. Or opt to take a boat tour and experience it all while floating down the James.
Belle Isle, Richmond, VA, USA
Over the years, Belle Island has been a hydroelectric plant, a 19th-century iron works, and a Confederate prison during the Civil War. Today it's a park with running and biking trails, access to the James River, and plenty of scenic remnants of...
218 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23220, USA
LIFT Coffee Shop & Cafe offers locally roasted, organic, fair trade coffees in a warm and inviting atmosphere in the heart of the Art District. They're also involved in the arts community, with the work of local artists displayed on the walls....
119 N 20th St, Richmond, VA 23223, USA
The Odd Couple Shop is run by a husband-and-wife team who curate all sorts of curiosities. The shop is located in a warehouse at 202 N. 21st St., where Era Vintage stores inventory too. The Odd Couple Shop is appointment-only, but now and then...
500 Tredegar St, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
The American Civil War Center at Historic Tredegar intertwines stories from the perspectives of African Americans, Unionists, and Confederates. The educational experience includes interactive films, exhibits, and timelines, as well as indoor and...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked