Get Active in Sydney
Collected by Serena Renner, AFAR Contributor
Sydney is a city that cares about work-life balance. This also means health. Locals get up early to run, surf, swim, do yoga, or hit the gym. And on weekends, they hike, boat, and explore their surrounding wilderness.
1-5 Wheat Rd, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Take a trip Down Under to Australia’s gateway state, New South Wales, home to the iconic city of Sydney. With its picturesque harbor and stunning beaches blending intoxicatingly with a world-class, bustling city, Sydney is the perfect snapshot of...
Manly NSW 2095, Australia
From Shelly Beach in Manly, the path climbs a flight of stairs surrounded by jungle foliage before alternating between idyllic neighborhoods, clifftop bushland, secluded beaches, and more rainforest. Along the way, you’ll see tropical...
Shelly Beach, Manly NSW 2095, Australia
If you're a beach lover like me, you'll be overwhelmed by the quality and diversity of Sydney's shores. Shelly Beach in the suburb of Manly is protected from wind and waves, making it great for swimming and snorkeling. (Snorkel challenge: find the...
44 Adams Ave, Malabar, Sydney NSW 2036, Australia
Australia is world-renowned for scuba diving, but you don't have to go all the way to the Great Barrier Reef or Ningaloo. Most people don't know there is plenty of good diving in and around Sydney, too. One of the best sites is Magic Point off the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter