Collected by ashley huckaby
Cora-Berliner-Straße 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Occupying a prominent space between Brandenburg Gate and Potsdamer Platz, this memorial (also known as the Holocaust-Mahnmal, or Holocaust Memorial) has almost 3,000 gray oblong pillars (stelae), arranged at varying heights, that form a kind of...
Domkloster 4, 50667 Köln, Germany
August 6th, 2004 As a non-religious person, I am still a big fan of church architecture. Its hard to get more iconic than the Cologne Cathedral. If you visit and arrive from the train station, you are dumped out directly beside it. Climb the...
Albertbrücke, Dresden, Germany
Certainly the Baroque buildings of Dresden’s Altstadt district are must-sees, as is funky Neustadt area, but don’t shortchange yourself by missing out on some low-key local favorites. Case in point is the Dresden Flohmarkt (Flea Market) held every...
Georg-Treu-Platz 1, 01067 Dresden, Germany
You’ll find beautiful views of the river and amazing architecture all along Brühl's Terrace (nicknamed Europe’s Balcony), and since my hotel was just around the corner, I found myself spending some time there each day. One morning, I enjoyed my...
Rindermarkt 1, 80331 München, Germany
On a clear day, head to St. Peter’s in the heart of Munich’s Old Town and get ready to climb. Visitors can ascend 306 stairs to a lookout that wraps around the church’s clocktower. After braving the narrow staircase, you’re rewarded with bird’...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises