Collected by Evan H
82346 Andechs, Germany
Andechs is the oldest pilgrimage church in Bavaria, Germany. Pilgrims have been making the journey since 1455 to this Benedictine monastery, which sits on a holy mountain on the eastern shores of Lake Ammersee. Now each year, over 30,000 pilgrims...
Prinzregentenstraße, 80538 München, Germany
The Eisbach is a small, man-made river running through Munich's Englischer Garten. At the southern end of the park, just past the Haus der Kunst art museum is a 3-foot man-made wave where locals come to "urban surf." It is the oddest sight: a...
Museumsinsel 1, 80538 München, Germany
In 1886, Carl Benz filed a patent application for a “vehicle operated by a gas engine.” He constructed his Benz Patentwagen, the first gasoline powered car in the world, out of bicycle parts and a 1-cyclinder engine. Top speed was 7.5 miles per...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019