Collected by Evan H
82346 Andechs, Germany
Andechs is the oldest pilgrimage church in Bavaria, Germany. Pilgrims have been making the journey since 1455 to this Benedictine monastery, which sits on a holy mountain on the eastern shores of Lake Ammersee. Now each year, over 30,000 pilgrims...
Prinzregentenstraße, 80538 München, Germany
The Eisbach is a small, man-made river running through Munich's Englischer Garten. At the southern end of the park, just past the Haus der Kunst art museum is a 3-foot man-made wave where locals come to "urban surf." It is the oddest sight: a...
Museumsinsel 1, 80538 München, Germany
Munich's Deutsches Museum is the world's largest museum of science and technology. My whole family had so much fun in this museum we could easily have spent the entire day here. Exhibits cover 50 fields including computers, electric engineering,...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December