Collected by Rick Dow
Warschauer Str. 39-40, 10243 Berlin, Germany
Berlin can make even the hippest Brooklyn hipster feel self-conscious. The city and its residents have an effortlessly edgy style. Staying at the Michelberger is one way to feel like you fit in and mix with the cool kids. Housed in an old factory...
Weinbergsweg 1A, 10119 Berlin, Germany
I was immediately drawn to the modern decor and “home away from home” feel. Checking in was pretty painless and my single room had everything I needed: a bed and a desk. It also had a connecting bathroom, fresh towels and a lovely view...
Fondamenta Zitelle, 86, 30133 Venezia VE, Italy
It seems like a miracle that anything in Venice could be affordable. But now that the 36-room Generator Hostel opened on Venice's Guidecca Island, the budget-minded can breathe more easily when dropping anchor in Venice. Better yet,...
Wriezener Karree 5, 10243 Berlin, Germany
remember that 2006 film Das Leben der Anderen? or The Lives of Others as it was called in English. Much like that famous film, this modest hostel gives you a feel for what Berlin looked and felt like pre-1989.
Oranienburger Str. 65, 10117 Berlin, Germany
This particular hostel has a great location as it is close to main attractions such as Dom, AlexanderPlatz and Friedrichstraße. The area is filled with local bars and restaurants. Prices are fair, rooms clean and modern, and people are friendly....
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now