Collected by John Hollett
Am Lustgarten, 10178 Berlin, Germany
This immense—some might say immodest—neo-baroque cathedral opposite the former Royal Palace nods architecturally to St. Peter’s in Rome and served as the family church of the Hohenzollern dynasty up until 1918. The current...
The Englischer Garten of Munich is a huge park within the city that has so many different things to see and do. There's an Asian pagoda that is part beer hall, part food stall emporium (think sauerkraut, sausage, and fried potatoes) where you can...
Karlspl., München, Germany
Karlsplatz, the city center nicknamed Stachus after a pub Beim Stachus, is home to local life and history, making it the perfect place to start exploring Munich. Around this central hub you'll find that farmers' markets, historical interest...
On a sunny spring afternoon, the slope below the ruins of the castle in Heidelberg, where 'sheep may safely graze'...almost absurdly picturesque. One of my most vivid childhood memories is of visiting this castle with an 'uncle and auntie'--close...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter