Collected by Heather Quee
Platzl 3, 80331 München, Germany
Hidden away just to the left of Starbucks is a corridor that leads you to a medieval courtyard. Numerous artists, craftsmen, and civil servants have lived here since medieval times, and the residences are still in use today. So much of life in...
Rindermarkt 10, 80331 München, Germany
Lüftlmalerei is a Tyrolean native art form of facade painting that can be found throughout parts of Bavaria. The photo shown above near Viktualien Market is a good example of the elaborate style from the Baroque era. The images are grouped in a...
80336 Munich, Germany
Sendlingtor is one of three remaining gates standing that were the entrance to medieval Munich. It formed part of the north-south highway. It was first mentioned in 1318 as the starting point to Italy, but it likely existed earlier. Unlike the...
Viktualienmarkt 3, 80331 München, Germany
Munich's Farmers' Market, or "Viktualientmarkt," is sure to please everybody. Located in Munich's old town, the open-air market is an overflowing abundance of fresh produce, cheese, appetizers, desserts, breads, honey, fresh-pressed juices,...
Schloß Nymphenburg 1, 80638 München, Germany
Nymphenburg Palace ("Schloss Nymphenburg" in German) is a Baroque palace built between 1664 and 1675. It was the main summer residence of the Bavarian of the House of Wittelsbach. The exterior and expansive grounds are very impressive, more so...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter