Collected by Larry Robinson
Fly into Frankfurt, travel to Stuttgart. Geneva?
Dorotheenstraße 4, 70173 Stuttgart, Germany
Locals proudly refer to Stuttgarter Markthalle as the “best market in Germany,” and their claims are justified. Upon entry, the scents of freshly ground spices drift through the air, as carefully crafted sweets beckon you to take a closer look....
Mercedesstraße 87, 70372 Stuttgart, Germany
If you want to understand a country and its culture, then you have to go to a soccer (football) game in that country. I stopped in Stuttgart on my way to Slovenia and stopped by the Mercedes-Benz Arena, which holds just over 60,000 passionate...
Very similar to France and Italy is the simple journeys you can take out of big cities in Germany and encounter adorable towns you quite simply fall in love with. My favorite town to explore in all my time spent in Germany was Heidelberg. It's...
With its half-ruined castled dominating the heights above the university-town on the banks of the Neckar river, Heidelberg is a pedestrian's dream. "Picturesque" may have become a cliché, but this German city exemplifies the meaning. I'd been here...
On a sunny spring afternoon, the slope below the ruins of the castle in Heidelberg, where 'sheep may safely graze'...almost absurdly picturesque. One of my most vivid childhood memories is of visiting this castle with an 'uncle and auntie'--close...
Schlosshof 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Heidelberg Castle is amazing. Besides being the setting of The Student Prince, it also boasts the world's biggest wine cask -- and one of the world's best views. There's nothing wrong with the pastry in Heidelberg, either.
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States