Collected by Rakel Vella
Titisee, 79822, Germany
In the shadows of the Black Forest, Lake Titisee is a scenic viewpoint not far from Feldberg mountain. Alongside Seestraße, boats are available for hire during the warmer months when the glacial lake isn't frozen over. The town of Titisee-Neustadt...
79868 Feldberg, Germany
The Black Forest's largest mountain, Feldberg, has all the amenities you'd expect from a mountaintop destination. There's a ski resort, a wildlife museum and even a backpacker hostel, but visit in the late autumn/early winter and you can actually...
Schanzengraben, Zürich, Switzerland
The Limmat River and Lake Zurich might be the showstoppers, but it would be a pity to overlook the charming Schanzengraben Canal. Built as a city fortification system in the 17th century, the canal is now lined with wooden boardwalks and sandstone...
Kappelergasse 16, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Über restaurateur Michel Péclard made waves in Zurich when he took over the iconic Café Schober in the Niederdorf a few years ago. In 2012, Péclard set his eyes on another classic establishment, Milchbar, which had sat tucked away in a quiet...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter