Collected by Caitlin Griffin
In Elmau 2, 82493 Krün, Germany
It’s easy to see Sound of Music parallels at the Schloss Elmau, a sprawling temple of wellness and culture (Turkish baths! Piano concerts! Grassy hills made for yodeling!) surrounded by mountain peaks. This appeared in the August/September 2014...
Tropical-Islands-Allee 1, 15910 Krausnick, Germany
Though not really a tropical island, the indoor resort called "Tropical Islands" outside of Berlin makes for a great (albeit unusual) day trip. Located inside a former Soviet air hanger, the building has been converted into a biosphere with a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local