Collected by Buse Karagöz
Wiehre, Freiburg, Germany
While walking through the Black Forest, we took a path that lead up to a clearing, offering this view of houses nestled into the hillside. As soon as we reached the top of the hill we saw that there were also huge rainclouds headed our way. We...
Black Forest, CO, USA
The Black Forest, Schwardzwald in German, is a gorgeous pine-wooded mountain range in Baden-Württemberg with a number of historic towns. If the numerous Michelin star restaurants in this area (think black forest ham and black forest cake) aren’t...
Münsterplatz, 79098 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Start the day at the Münsterplatz market (best on Saturdays). Try the fresh-pressed carrot-apple-orange-ginger juice and some tofu wurst. If you're the academic type, you might also be interested in walking around the university campus to see the...
One of the Black Forest's many traditions is the world-famous cuckoo clock. This specific design, the Hönes Cuckoo Clock, comes from the region directly around the beautiful Lake Titisee. Take a stroll down Seestraße (just a few minutes walk from...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos