Collected by ashley huckaby
2 Pavle Ingorokva St, T'bilisi, Georgia
This wine-centric restaurant, located near Freedom Square, is owned by local collector, folklorist, and cultural preservationist Luarsab Togonidze, who also runs a fashion brand that revives traditional Georgian clothing. The modern...
13 Ivane Machabeli St, T'bilisi, Georgia
This place opened in May 2015 and is located inside a romantic garden. The garden belongs to the graceful Art Nouveau mansion built in 1905 by a notorious brandy magnate, then appropriated by the Soviet Georgian Union of Writers. Now, where...
Kakheti Hwy, T'bilisi, Georgia
Located off the busy highway that leads from the airport to Tbilisi, there’s a remarkable restaurant specializing in cuisine from Georgia’s eastern Kakheti region. Local truckers love the takeout bakery window, where golden khachapuri (cheese...
Flea markets are fun anywhere, but in Georgia you actually have a chance to find a treasure. This open-air market set in Martis Park, one of Tbilisi’s riverside parks, provides both the normal bric-a-brac one would expect but also recently found...
23 Amaghleba St, T'bilisi, Georgia
If you’ve never eaten Georgian food, come hungry. The staple of the national cuisine is the khachapuri, or as it’s often referred to ‘cheese pie’. Salad with ‘walnut sauce’ is also typical, as are spicy dumplings called khinkali. This place does...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys