Collected by Dorothy McComiskey
4 North 2nd St, Cumberland Island, GA 32034, USA
If you want to go to a non-commercial private island, your best bet in the US is Cumberland Island. The Greyfield Inn is the only hotel and, in fact, the only business on the entire island. At the Carnegie owned mansion turned into a charming Inn,...
Calle Emiliano Tejera 106, Santo Domingo 10212, Dominican Republic
La Casa De Los Dulces translates to The House of Sweets in English. You can see why this is every kids favorite spot in the colonial section of Santo Domingo. I used to visit all the time. It brought back so many memories to return and the owner...
Ponza is an island destination mostly frequented by Italians (especially Romans and Neapolitans, as it's just a hop, skip, and a jump away by boat) that is largely undiscovered by foreign tourists. A must-do in Ponza: rent a motorboat on your own,...
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Better known as the Tomb Raider Temple since its starring role in the Hollywood movie of the same name, Ta Prohm has at least as much star quality as Angelina Jolie. Cloaked in dappled shadow and locked in the embrace of the vast root systems that...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun