Collected by Mi
Jalan Penang, George Town, 10450 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Just off Penang Road and follow the crowd down a narrow alley - Keng Kwee Street. This famous hawker cart serving up favorite local desserts - Chendul and Ice Kachang is always swarmed. Malaysians stand huddled around the cart spooning icy cold...
38, Lebuh Armenian, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
by Joe Rosli Sidek This café has a strange name, but it’s a beautiful little space. It’s run by a Swiss man, Urs Capol, and his wife, Teresa. Upstairs, Teresa has this amazing little museum with Indian and Baba-Nyonya collectibles. (Baba-Nyonya is...
93, Lebuh Chulia, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
by Joe Rosli Sidek There are Indian coffee shops everywhere in George Town. Kapitan’s is newer, and they have the nicest roti. 93 Lebuh Chulia 60/4-264-1191. This story appeared in the September/October 2010 issue. See all of Joe Rosli Sidek’s...
29, Church St, Georgetown, 10200 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
In Penang the mansion houses are very much worth a visit. Pinang Peranakan Mansion is a lot of fun, you will find the Malaysian Chinese or Baba Nyonya culture reflected in the way the house is decorated. Also fun to see is the mixage of vintage...
89, Lebuh Armenian, George Town, 10300 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Every street in George Town has a story, and Lebuh Armenian is no different. Once occupied by Armenian merchants, it is now a testament to George Town's startling diversity and enduring beauty. Encompassing landmark temples, artists' galleries and...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles