Collected by Jessica Rains
Quai Gustave-Ador, 1207 Genève, Switzerland
We were only in Geneva for a day, but we were told to take a unique photo with this fountain by our friends and this is what we came up with! While Geneva was overwhelmingly expensive for 2 college students backpacking, it was worth the trip to...
3, Rue du Levant, 1201 Genève, Switzerland
Midnight: Although the nightclub Silencio lies in the artsy neighborhood of Paquis, it doesn’t feel a bit pretentious. Local Genevois and the city’s many out-of-towners unite under swinging chandeliers and soak up electronic music from renowned...
Quai du Mont-Blanc 19, 1201 Genève, Switzerland
In a picturesque setting near the shores of Lake Geneva and the famous Jet d’Eau fountain, the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva is a modern, upscale hotel that serves as a high-end summer and winter retreat. Its 412 rooms, suites, and apartments...
Rue des Savoises 19, 1205 Genève, Switzerland
10 p.m., Cocktail Hour: The new bar Le Verre à Monique is a popular choice among bartenders. The staff concocts cocktails from odd ingredients like strawberry jam and pink peppercorn syrup. Ask for the Malice in Wonderland, a mix of Oolong tea–...
Piazza Venezia, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The Monument of Victor Emmanuel II in Rome, nicknamed the Wedding Cake (and, alternately, the Typewriter) for its distinctive boxy shape, offers some of the most stunning panoramic views to be had of the Eternal City, in every direction. There is...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May