Geiranger's Top 10
Collected by Heidi Sarna , AFAR Local Expert
Guided walks to Storsæterfossen take you on a well-traveled path through the gorgeous area to stone steps laid by Nepalese Sherpas. The famous trail then leads trekkers behind the 30-meter-high waterfall that cascades in an arc down the mountain....
Zip around the beautiful fjord in an RIB (rigid-inflatable boat) to get up close to the waterfalls and abandoned farms that line the water. Your guide will stop the boat periodically to share information and answer questions and, if you’re lucky,...
Mountain farms are classic Norway, from their turf-roofed barns to a profusion of goats. Families with children will especially love Herdalssetra, a farm that's been operating for more than 300 years on the site of a medieval settlement. Wander...
Out of the many ways to experience the natural beauty of Geiranger, a downhill bike ride may just be the most thrilling. From the Djupvasshytta Mountain Lodge some 1,030 meters above sea level, coast 17 kilometers down the road and soak up the...
- 1 Travel News U.S. Citizens Will Need to Register to Travel to Europe Starting in 2021
- 2 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals
- 3 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 4 National Parks California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Road Trips The Best Tools for Planning a Road Trip