Gatun Lake/Panama City
Collected by John Newton, AFAR Contributor
The Panama Canal Railway has a rich past—literally so, as it was built after California's gold rush to haul spoils back to the East Coast of the United States. Ships would arrive with gold from California, and later the Klondike as well, and...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights