Collected by Staci Dufrene
Wildenauer Str. 26a, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
This region of Germany is near the Austrian border and offers the type of scenery you would imagine for this part of the world: jagged mountain peaks, cows grazing in rolling green meadows, and charming little Bavarian villages and churches. It's...
82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Sebastianskirche in Partenkirchen was originally dedicated to the Partenkirchners who died from the plague in the 1600s and were buried in the yard to the left of the church. After World War I, the church was rededicated to those who had died in...
Kreuzeckbahnstraße 7, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
On a morning hike, my feet were securely on the ground, but my neck was craned up watching the paragliders that filled the skies of Garmisch. A day later, after casually discussing this life-long dream with my travel buddy, I found myself with a...
In Kranzbach 1, 82493 Krün, Germany
Commissioned by the eccentric, violin-playing British aristocrat Mary Isabel Portman as an English country-style retreat, this early 20th-century manor house is a distinct anomaly in Munich’s hotel scene. Constructed in 1915 by Detmar Blow,...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun