Galway's Top 5
Collected by Aoife O Riordain , AFAR Contributor
7 Lombard St, Galway, H91 T2F4, Ireland
Take the opportunity to drop by the largest medieval parish church in Ireland, the Collegiate Church of St. Nicholas, right in Galway’s historic center. When it was finished in the 1320s, it dwarfed several Irish cathedrals. Christopher Columbus...
2 Church St, Knockaunroe, Corofin, Co. Clare, V95 T9V6, Ireland
Ireland tugs at the heart strings. It is everything you could imagine - and more. I have been there 4 times and love it. Of course, I might be partial since I have a good friend who lives there. She got married in 2009 in this tiny, gorgeous...
Kylemore Abbey, Pollacappul, Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland
Galway has to be my favorite of counties, driving through Connemara to get to Kylemore Abbey was such a delight. And once we got there I was amazed but the beauty of the architecture. Very happy we decided to do the drive from Dublin, the drive...
Abbey St, Cong South, Cong, Co. Mayo, F31 VK44, Ireland
Just over the border in County Mayo, Cong has postcard-pretty looks that have been put to good use, most notably as one of the main locations for John Ford’s classic 1952 movie, The Quiet Man, starring John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara. The...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019