Collected by Eric Palmehn
Aran Islands, Co. Galway, Ireland
Just getting to the fabulous Aran Islands is an adventure. Planes make the short run from County Galway, swooping down to one of three short landing strips. Or you can take a boat over the often-lively swells from Doolin or Connemara; either way,...
2 Sea Rd, Galway, Ireland
If you visit this pub you could find yourself in the middle of a traditional Irish music jam session with as many as 22 musicians. This happened on my second visit - and we went most nights just to see what was happening. Grab a pint and then head...
The Long Walk, Galway, Ireland
These colorful houses comprise a part of Galway called The Long Walk. Facing Galway Bay, they are private residences. Worth taking a walk down the street to view them and look out on Galway Bay. Also, there are a couple of restaurants at the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles