Collected by Walkiria
8 Mile Rd, Galveston, TX 77554, USA
For a less crowded piece of the Galveston coast, go to a quiet stretch of coast favored by the locals during high season at the end of 8 Mile Road. To get there, take Seawall Blvd west until the seawall ends and it turns into Termini San Luis Pass...
3828 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
This classic Galveston seafood restaurant has been open since 1911! Gaido's serves fresh Gulf seafood in a traditional atmosphere. Menu highlights include the bisque, snapper, and pecan pie. Photo via Gaido's Seafood Restaurant Facebook page
1 Hope Blvd, Galveston, TX 77554, USA
The Moody Gardens resort has two indoor "pyramids" that make a great escape on a rainy day in Galveston. One simulates a rainforest environment and the other is filled with aquatic creatures. You can also spend the night at the Moody Gardens Hotel...
You'll hear people talk about doing things "on the Strand" in Galveston, which refers to a downtown historic district primarily situated on Strand Street. Begin exploring the area at 25th and Strand, visiting its shops, restaurants, galleries, and...
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World