Collected by Ieva
It’s hard to believe this is still Spain, upon arriving in Somiedo you are transported to another world. Somiedo National Park is one of the natural gems of this country; offering contrasting landscapes: pristine mountains lush with foliage,...
Fisterra, A Coruña, Spain
The end of The Way, where pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago come to burn their boots and dive into the sea - I think. We didn't see either, nor did we partake in said events, but it sounds like the sort of thing that would be fun if you arrived...
Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
If you're looking for tapas, this is the place. It's not expensive, and it has a lot of wines under 2. If you ask a glass of wine you'll get a tapa, and if you ask for a racion you'll get a big dish like the one on the picture. Good quality and...
Calle Río de Oro, 3, 33209 Gijón, Asturias, Spain
The villages and cities along the Camino del Norte predate the existence of Spain itself, and your journey will take you to historic, vanished kingdoms: Navarre, Castille, Asturias. When you walk ten miles along the Camino del Norte, you may...
Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Spain
On Lanzarote, the easternmost island of the Canaries, Spanish archipelago off the northwestern coast of Africa, there’s a volcanic semi-crater that has created a dense and salty green-colored lagoon. The lagoon has grown rich with algae and the...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now