Collected by Katy Hoogerwerf
Portonovo, Pontevedra, Spain
While on a road trip along the Spanish coastline we spent the night in Portonovo, north of Vigo on the west coast. The town itself seems to run on the fishing industry and summer holiday tourism, but the coastline to the north is part of a...
Camariñas, A Coruña, Spain
Visiting friends in Camarinas in Galicia, Spain, we toured the seaside town which is also a fishing port. We were given a tour of the sardine factory. This was interesting, but naturally smelly. We watched the ladies make their famous lace designs...
Rúa das Hortas, 1, 15705 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
The menu changes regularly at the Michelin-starred modern Spanish restaurant in Santiago de Compostela run by chefs Marcelo Tejedor and Ivan Dominguez. Pimientos de Padron have made an appearance in the form of a simple toast topping as well as...
Rúa do Franco, 37, 15702 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
Instead of perusing a menu at this well-lighted spot in Santiago de Compostela, point at what you want from the long bar where the tapas are laid out for the day. Offerings include fresh razor clams, stuffed squid, and glistening sheets of marbled...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Travel News Japan Implements New “Sayonara” Tax on Travelers