Collected by Katy Hoogerwerf
Portonovo, Pontevedra, Spain
While on a road trip along the Spanish coastline we spent the night in Portonovo, north of Vigo on the west coast. The town itself seems to run on the fishing industry and summer holiday tourism, but the coastline to the north is part of a...
Camariñas, A Coruña, Spain
Visiting friends in Camarinas in Galicia, Spain, we toured the seaside town which is also a fishing port. We were given a tour of the sardine factory. This was interesting, but naturally smelly. We watched the ladies make their famous lace designs...
Rúa das Hortas, 1, 15705 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
The menu changes regularly at the Michelin-starred modern Spanish restaurant in Santiago de Compostela run by chefs Marcelo Tejedor and Ivan Dominguez. Pimientos de Padron have made an appearance in the form of a simple toast topping as well as...
Rúa do Franco, 37, 15702 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
Instead of perusing a menu at this well-lighted spot in Santiago de Compostela, point at what you want from the long bar where the tapas are laid out for the day. Offerings include fresh razor clams, stuffed squid, and glistening sheets of marbled...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet