Collected by Nicole Patt
'Uturoa 98735, French Polynesia
Inhibitions fade and walls come down when you find yourself in a place where worldly troubles feel long gone—like on Tahiti and its islands. Sometimes, the best thing about going so far away from home is making new friends to share your paradise...
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Fakarava Atoll, French Polynesia
Experienced divers already know the magical feeling of effortlessly floating through the water alongside colorful tropical fish. On a Paul Gauguin cruise, beginners can also get their feet wet and discover the world of scuba diving with onboard...
Rangiroa, French Polynesia
Rangiroa, the largest atoll in the Tuamotus, is the center of the thriving French Polynesian pearl industry. Paul Gauguin passengers can set sail over the blue waters of the lagoon to a pearl farm where they can learn about the complex process of...
Hiva Oa, French Polynesia
There may not be much to this tiny island in the French Polynesia but it's big on history if you have any interest in Paul Gauguin and Jacques Brel. If you are looking for a secluded spot with little amenities, this is a perfect spot in paradise....
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States