Collected by onnalee macdonald , AFAR Staff
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Spectacular view from the top of "Magic Mountain," which is truly magical. You can only access this through 4 wheel drive or ATV. We went up on ATV's (using Albert Tours) which was a ton of fun! The road is narrow and steep but offers a...
Vaitape, French Polynesia
My 25th wedding anniversary was approaching and I wanted to take my wife somewhere romantic. It didn't take much research to discover that Bora Bora fit that description. I booked an overwater bungalow that allowed us to feed the fish from the...
6, Ul. Don. Pavla Poše 1, 20260, Korčula, Croatia
Marco Polo is reputed to have embarked on his Silk Road travels from Korčula, a small island off the Dalmatian coast. Residents will boast that the explorer was born here—in the building next to the 18th-century bishop’s residence that...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico